Phone Charger Explodes on Teen’s Bed, Leaving Him With Second-Degree Burns

A 15-year-old boy woke up with excruciating pain after his portable phone charger exploded in the night leaving him with second-degree burns. Colton Pingree, who lives in Tuolumne, California, usually slept with his phone charging on his bed. The middle schooler’s bed was on fire after his charging pack exploded, leaving him with burns across his back […]

Fountain Valley Electrical Box Explosion Injures 2 Workers

FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif.—At approximately 11 p.m. on Sept. 4, an electrical box on Newhope St. in Fountain Valley, Orange County, Calif., exploded and erupted in flames, cutting the power for nearly a dozen businesses in the area.  The Fountain Valley Police Department responded to the incident about five minutes later. Two maintenance workers were injured.  […]

Father With a ‘Heart of Gold’ Dies Trying to Save Family Dogs From Raging Housefire

Australian family man Wayne Rare is being remembered for his “heart of gold” after forfeiting his life to rescue from his burning house the family’s dogs, Blaze and Ilo. When their home in Kirrawee, a southern suburb of Sydney, suddenly caught fire, the 54-year-old, his wife, Toni, and two adult children were forced to evacuate. […]

Off-Duty Conservation Officer Pulls Trapped Disabled Woman Out of Burning Mobile Home

While out jogging, an off-duty Michigan conservation officer became an impromptu hero when he noticed smoke coming from a mobile home. The officer’s quick-witted response ended up saving an elderly disabled woman trapped inside as the structure was consumed by flames. The officer’s colleagues at the Michigan Department of Natural Resources (DNR) are praising him […]

California Firefighters Save American Flag From Burning Property Amid Devastating Lake Fire

As firefighting crews battled the raging fires that began on Aug. 12 at Lake Fire, which erupted in the Angeles National Forest, some of them took a moment of pause and made a heroic rescue. However, it wasn’t a person or a pet they saved but an American flag that was still flying high despite […]

Heat Causes Car to Explode in Irvine

IRVINE, Calif.—The Orange County Fire Department (OCFD) responded to a car fire on Aug. 17 in the Almador residential neighborhood of Irvine, California. Firefighters received the call at 5:47 p.m. and arrived within minutes to find a black Mercedes-Benz E320 in flames. They removed the hood of the car and quickly contained the fire. According […]

Teen Football Players Hailed as Heroes for Saving Residents From a House Fire

Three Georgia braveheart teen football players are being hailed as heroes after they saved residents and pets from a burning house. The trio from the South Paulding High School didn’t waste a moment to jump into action when they saw the neighborhood house on fire on the afternoon of July 17. In the moment of […]

Former Wide Receiver Catches 3-Year-Old Boy Thrown From Burning Apartment Building

A former wide receiver for Saddleback College in Orange County caught a 3-year-old boy who was thrown from a burning building earlier this month. Phillip Blanks, a 28-year-old football player and former Marine, was visiting a friend in Phoenix, Arizona, on July 3 when he heard cries for help from outside. He thought it was […]

Green Beret Designs First-Ever Fireproof American Flag Made of Kevlar to Withstand Rioters

Green Berets represent the U.S. Army’s elite fighting force, and Staff Sergeant Kyle Daniels has taken that skill and dedication from the battlefield abroad to his work at home. The former Special Forces officer is the founder and CEO of the nonprofit Firebrand Flag Company, which has produced the first-ever fireproof flag. “I want Firebrand […]

Fire Hits Museum Kampa in Prague, Smoke Reaches Exhibitions

PRAGUE—A fire broke out at a modern art museum Wednesday in the heart of the Czech capital, officials said. Electrical cables caught fire at one of Museum Kampa’s building, sending acrid smoke across the nearby Vltava River, Prague firefighters spokesman Martin Kavka said. Firefighters managed to extinguish the blaze, but had to evacuate pieces of […]